Monday, October 12, 2009

We must sail sometimes... Join me?

“I find the great thing in this world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving... we must sail sometimes with the wind and sometimes against it... but we must sail and not drift nor lie at anchor." Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

Hello to you all and I hope this finds you well. I wanted to reach out to you and let you know about an exciting journey that is about to take place in my life. I am making plans to go to Arusha, Tanzania and will be volunteering with the LOHADA (Loving Hand for the Disadvantaged and Aged) organization. I was introduced to this amazing organization through friends and research and have been inspired by the courageous and tireless people who have worked to make a difference in this community. They have three campuses at which I will be involved as a volunteer: Camp Moses, a Christian school and a home for children without guardians or home stability; Camp Joshua, a day center that helps disadvantaged children and their families to break the cycle of poverty and circumstance through education, rehabilitation and empowerment; and Camp Patmos, a safe haven for destitute elderly people living out their days alone and without shelter.

After much uncertainty in coordinating the time frame and planning of this mission, I will officially be leaving for Tanzania October 21st to serve a month with LOHADA and will return November 19th. This trip provides an opportunity for me to participate in meeting the physical and spiritual needs of a community based organization that is desperately under-served. I am seeking out a support team who will be willing to pray for me and the people of Tanzania and/or give toward this project financially if you are led and able. I ask you to pray for wisdom and strength to meet the needs of the children and families within this community, prayer for safety as I travel and while I am in Africa, and prayer for the people that I volunteer with and serve alongside at LOHADA. Financially, I need to raise $2,800 to cover the cost of expenses and assist with needs for the LOHADA organization. I have personally been saving little by little for over a year, but I am still in need of financial support to make this dream a reality. If you are in a position and feel led to assist in my efforts I would be forever grateful as I know at this time our world is full of economic uncertainty and difficult times.

Thank you for your love and support both spiritually and financially and I look forward to continuing to share my journey with all of you in the weeks and months ahead.

Xoxo,

Mandy

Please let me know if I can answer any questions about this project or other ways to help.

Contributions are tax deductable & checks can be made payable to : Mandy Waldrep, in the memo line Tanzania 2009 Mission. Otherwise, you can donate online through PayPal on my blog.

Mailing Address:

Amanda Waldrep

947 Cornwall Court

Marietta, Georgia 30064

770-856-2663

No comments: