Wednesday, November 10, 2010

How do you measure a year...

Happy 1st Birthday to my nephew Emory &
Happy 30th Birthday to my sis Christina!



Meeting Em for the first time ~ November 18, 2009



Seasons of Love
by Jonathan Larson

Five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred minutes,
five hundred twenty five thousand moments so dear
 ...
how do you measure... measure a year

In Daylights, in Sunsets, in Midnights, in Cups of coffee,
In Inches, in Miles, in Laughter, in Strife
In five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred minutes,
how do you measure a year in a life?
how about love? measure in love... seasons of love...
Five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred minutes,
five hundred twenty five thousand journeys to plan ...
how do you measure a life of a woman or a man 

In truths that she learned or in times that she cried,
in bridges he burned or the way that she died
its time now to sing out though the story never ends ...
let's celebrate, remember a year in a life of friends

Emory ~ October 2010

How do we measure a year in a life? I borrow the meaningful words from one of my favorite musicals Rent to help capture the journey of life and love in a given year. Love has filled my heart beyond my imagination by having Emory Noah Lowry in my life this past year ~ big thanks to Tina & Cody for that one. Words cannot describe the joy that the little goose has brought into all of our lives each and every day. I am in awe at my sister for being such a wonderful mother to Em and for letting me share in this journey with their new family.
Even though I was a few days late arriving to the party last year & Em was a few weeks earlier than expected :)
(flashback - Out of Africa)
I am a very proud sister & aunt and I am grateful for the light and love you bring into my life!

Sisters... 2000 something :-)

Happy Birthday to you both and here's to celebrating you today and always!
xoxo,
Mandy
aka Aunt Panda

2 comments:

shea said...

Sweet post!

Christina Lowry said...

So sweet! Sniff, sniff. We love you, too! Thanks for all you do and for the awesome person you are. Best Aunt/Sister ever!

Love,
Tina