Friday, October 11, 2013

Safe return

Hi - A quick update to say that I am safely home in Georgia after an amazing time in Kisumu, Kenya.
26 hours of planes, layovers and a little sleep I'm back in the office today sorting through 300+ emails... so fun  :)
Grateful to see my family yesterday and they were all relieved to have me back - I enjoyed sharing with my little nephews about my trip as they scanned photos and videos on my iPhone and inquired about why I was in Africa and why those children needed love & support - Emory has already claimed Obama as a new friend and wanted to make sure the rest of the family knew who about it too. "Papa, look at Obomba"
They have sweet hearts and I am grateful and amazed to see the world through their eyes.

Many thanks again for the outpouring of support - this experience has been life changing in so many ways and I look forward to sharing more in the days to come after some much needed reflection and rest.

xo,
Mandy



Sweet kids from Lake Victoria school - My God is so big





1 comment:

Sam said...

Welcome Home love! Glad to have you back and can't wait to hear about it all.