Monday, November 16, 2009

A day in the life

Living room... where we gather and eat our meals
Clothes line, walk way and gate

Entrance to the house... everyone takes off their shoes

The house directly outside of our gate...
Pathway to the main road from my house
Walking to Camp Moses

Hi everyone,

Hard to believe but it is one of my last few days in Tanzania and I wanted to share some photos from my daily life... "My house," walking to the main road, walking to Moses to volunteer, etc.

The last few days have gone really well... Saturday and Sunday we had a chance to go a little way outside town to enjoy the Arusha Christmas Fair. It was fun to walk through the different booths and see what people were buying and selling... the proceeds went to Arusha charities which was nice. It was weirdly like a little America in an African field :-) I had my Sunday visit with the kids at Camp Moses and brought along some candy treats which they loved. Little things go such a long way!
Out of time, but will share more of my final days!!
xoxo,
Mandy


"Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." ~ Howard Thurman









1 comment:

Viva Max said...

Amazing, exciting.
Are they home yet or still in the hospital? What a nice thing to look forward to:)