Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My Tanzanian family

My Tanzanian host family:


Mama Godi, me, Praygod and Given

Mama Godi, Praygod, Given, Steve-o (houseboy), Godi and Babba Godi
Me and Mama Wambura... founder of LOHADA



Heath and little Neema



Amy and Prey

I am so grateful to all of these people for making this time in Tanzania possible. My host family was so gracious and kind and I feel like I received a true Tanzanian experience. Mama and Baba Godi work so hard to provide for their family and give their children a good education and life opportunities.
My adoptive family Heath & Neema and Amy & Prey, Liza, Vincent and Jacob... thank you for your kindness, compassion and friendship. I am so grateful to have had this time with you all and don't know how I would have survived without you ~ You inspire me with your hearts and compassion for others.

xoxo,
Mandy

2 comments:

Viva Max said...

What kinda stuff did they sell at the christmas market?

Viva Max said...

What does your family do? Do they own their house? Where do the kids go to school? Taking a cue from the photo of the house across the street, is your family more well off for that town/city? Are Mama and Baba Godi from that town/city or did they grow up somewhere else?

I cant believe it went so fast!
Miss you.